Friday, February 10, 2012

Salvage DIY Projects


A favorite place of mine is Salvage Works www.salvageworkspdx.com It's a great source of building materials and collectibles, all at a great price.  But there's a big bonus.  The owner's also have a wood shop in back and can build you anything you want old of salvaged, reclaimed, and found wood. They are almost done with a table I designed for a client for their kitchen nook.

I tried to take off with these chairs, but have to wait cause they are being used as props for an upcoming home and garden show.



But I didn't leave empty handed.  As I was leaving Salvage Works a company was getting rid of these chalkboards and coffee bean sacks...for free!  I was so excited, jumping up and down.  The guy "Joe" thought I was wacko!  Take a look at his face!
  I plan on donating some of the chalkboards and reupholstering two big comfy 1950's chairs with the the coffee bean sacks.


0 comments:

Post a Comment