Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Upcycling DIY decorating with a MAP, Saves Marriage



There has to be compromises in a marriage.  I say that every day, hahaha.
An eyesore (of course through my eyes, not my husband's) is the TV in the living room.  Not only is it HUGE, it's WAY up high.  I asked him why he installed it so high? Answer, "I wanted to feel like I was at the Sports Pub.  Good Gawd.

Anyway, being the Upcycle DIY gal that I am and not a fan of a black rectangle hanging from the wall, I decided to disguise the TV.  I found an old map, bought it for its colors not for what it actually represented...Asia Natural Vegetation, and hung it from the ceiling.

I also layered dried hydrangeas to hide the cord hanging down the wall too.  What I do to keep the marriage together!

Bye Bye TV, at least when the hubby isn't around.

2 comments:

Karen at Bargain-ista.com said...

You are too funny! I was googling projects to do with maps and I ran across your blog. Love the idea and the hydrangeas :)

Kim Whitley-Gaynor said...

Great idea!

Post a Comment