Tuesday, March 13, 2012

DIY Jar Pendant


Over my kitchen island I had installed some inexpensive pendants found at Lowe's www.lowes.com  for under $20.00.  But instead of keeping the boring shade I found these glass jars with tin lids at Target, price $5.00.  I cut a hole in the center of the lid and them simply screwed the lid to the end of the pendant.  The pendant already had the do-hickey to screw the lid on.  My favorite part is I am constantly changing what I want to put it the jar.  In the past it's been clothes pins, bracelets, flower frogs, ornaments.  My latest is golf balls. 

Notice the green flower pots I glued to the ceiling to cover the ugly pendant cans.  And vintage marigold trim to finish it off.

One note though, if you want to do this, don't fill the jar up with stuff, no paper either.

0 comments:

Post a Comment