Tuesday, July 10, 2012

LARDO up and Running


Sorry for taking so long to write you about designing the new restaurant LARDO www.lardopdx.com.  Been working night and day (having a blast).  My favorite design idea  that is at LARDO hit me...at 12:40 in the morning!  It's a lighted sign saying PIG OUT.  My talented neighbor Maria Hardison and her husband Tom makes these amazing letters and then I had them mounted on the wall.  When you drive by the restaurant at night, it just glows! 


I found these chairs at Goodwill, not too pretty, actually ugly but see below what a little paint can do!


 Gray paint that I had leftover from my son's bedroom was used to bring the old chairs back to life.  Of course the most important part, they are so comfortable.


In one of the bathrooms of LARDO, I created a "Strip of Bacon".  Don'tcha love it.  They are random pig shaped cutting boards in a row.  The blue tape, temporary, just waiting for the mounting glue to dry.  The rack, a score at a garage sale for a couple bucks.


I wanted to bring a variety of textures and colors to LARDO.  With the amber Doug Fir wood counter top, rough chocolate brown of the columns, the gorgeous crimson red and menu boards made from salvage molding found at The Rebuilding Center www.rebuildingcenter.org



I am making table markers from old wood spoons and scrap wood leftover from our house.   The numbers are burned on which is about as fast as watching glue dry.  Pretty slow, but brainless work, which I don't mind at all.
 

Folk hanging outside at LARDO at 1212 SE Hawthorne.  We are still working on the outdoor area design wise, but as you can see, it's all about the food! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment