Monday, March 4, 2013

Fun & Surprising Paint Applications


Isn't it amazing the things that you discover when you're looking for something else entirely? As a field editor I scout homes for publications. I am often looking for one very specific story (like a cool, colorful kitchen, or a mid-century modern home that's to die for) and almost always find something else completely unexpected and exciting. In a city so full of talented artists, it's really what Portland is all about. 

Most recently, I scouted a kitchen and discovered artist Joy Corgain's handy work (but not in the kitchen). She has a unique way of using color and I was blown away by the Union Jack flag she painted on the hardwood floor of the homeowner's bedroom closet! The best part- the homeowner went away on vacation and gave Joy complete creative license on another room. How happy would you be to return home to these original works of art?



Here's another example of Joy's eye catching style. Aren't the colors on the walls just stunning? Pairing it with the plum floor, it's bohemian all the way.

Great work Joy! I really hope Joy's artistic talent will show up in my home in the not-so-distant future.




1 comments:

Kim Whitley-Gaynor said...

Oh, my goodness! I love the Union Jack floor!

Post a Comment