Monday, April 29, 2013

From My Book "Color Create Decorate"


One of the most reused DIY projects I did for my first book, Shannon Quimby, Color Create Decorate is the “Cover Up” project.   It’s the classic story of trying to decorate around those alarm systems, thermostats and other electronics, that for some reason, have to be smack dab center on the wall!  Secretly, I think it’s a guy thing.  Anyway… I have conquered this eyesore.  I simply cover those pesky plastic boxes with chalkboard.


If you want to see how it’s done, you are in luck!  Just email me and I will mail you a copy of my book. It retails for the reasonable price of $19.95 but for you... And you are going to love this… only $5.00. Now that’s nothing to hide!”

5 comments:

pink*cherub*moon said...

Love this idea Shannnon! I've been a fan of yours for many years and always admire your creativity! You're right - only a guy would say "I dunno, just slap it in the middle of the wall, they won't care!" LOL Hugs, Leena

Karen at Bargain-ista.com said...

Are you kidding? $5.00? Sign me up!

Shannon Quimby said...

Isn't it so true! Yucky electrical smack dab in the wall! Guess that's what keeps us designers on our toes!
Cheers
Shannon

Shannon Quimby said...

Karen,
I emailed ya.

Kim Whitley-Gaynor said...

Are you serious? Count me in. I'll email you directly.

Post a Comment