Thursday, May 2, 2013

My Favorite DIY Clothes Pin Projects

I have always had a love for wood clothes pins. They are part of a generation past. My grandma Peterson would always hang the clothes to dry on the clothes line and as a child I loved walking through the rows of white sheets. Now a days, we rarely take the time and “put the clothes out to dry” (my grandma’s saying). But that doesn’t mean clothes pins have to go bye bye.


I made these for Country Living magazine:





This unframed mirror is transformed into a mid-century modern inspired sunburst.



A formerly plain Jane side table has a unique decorative edge.


This one is made with a salvaged door header. Fun and functional!

If you want more ideas for wooden clothes pins, the Country Living article can be found here. They are still inexpensive and easy to come by.  The Dollar Store or any craft store sells them, cheap, cheap, cheap.



0 comments:

Post a Comment