Monday, July 1, 2013

Handmade Jean Quilt- Happy Fourth of July!





I love fourth of July. It's a time when family and friends gather and celebrate America's independence. And one tradition I have, is pulling out my red, white and blue quilt that my grandma Peterson made for me. It's made from all my old blue jeans from childhood. When I lay on it, I can point out "those were my Jordache jeans. This patch: pair of old levis..."  Yes, it always puts a smile on my face.

My grandma worked hard her whole life for her independence. She taught me "waste not, want not" and every year on the 4th of July I am reminded of the importance of family and that we have a choice on how to live our lives. Grandma, I am who I am today because of you. I love you.

A cozy quilt for cold weather and a perfect picnic blanket in the summer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment