Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Farm Style Home I Designed, Cover Story I Wrote for The Oregonian Homes & Gardens

Here's the home before the remodel.
In 2009, I was asked to design a home remodel in Lake Oswego, Oregon. The homeowners wanted a New England farm style home in the Pacific Northwest, and that really grabbed my attention. Let's just say they didn't have to ask me twice! To meet their Northeast homestead criteria we included wainscoting, old-style cabinetry (including no toe kicks), an old icebox and a beautiful harvest table. Colors had to reflect the ocean, bringing home the beach tranquillity. It didn't happen overnight, but after three years, the once-understated farm-style wannabe is now a country classic. I am so proud to have designed this project and to be able to share it via the cover of The Oregonian's Home & Garden section!

And the after shot.


1 comments:

Leena Milligan Lanteigne said...

Beautiful! Absolutely stunning transformation! Hugs, Leena

Post a Comment