Saturday, January 18, 2014

My Salvaged Bathroom Design Featured on Funky Junk Interiors!


I am fired up! Donna Williams of  Funky Junk Interiors featured two of my latest salvaged designed remodels I have done.  How cool is that.  Yes her blog put mine to shame, but dang, my work looks good on her site.  Thanks Soooo much Donna!



 This is ceiling tin I bought over 20 years ago. It originally was on my ceiling, but I thought what the heck, how about the new tub surround. 


 

Notice the trim edging?  Just a fluke. I bought a bundle of this at a garage sale, also years ago.  They go together like Peanut Butter and Jelly.  Perfect!





 This was a ground cover plate I found on the side of the road. Actually there were six of them.  Scrubbed it, painted it, mounted it.  Presto change-o, a towel bar.


 This electrical insulator was outside on the house. Five minutes later...TP holder.  And Yep, the insulator just turns loose.



 Artist and my friend, Joy Corgain, hand painted the floor.  Not an easy task, considering nothing is square or level.  She did an amazing job!!!  Joy...big hug to you!



The ceiling mount light fixture was a whopping $5.00.  The base and finial was brass plated.  Same spray paint and poof...it's gorgeous.  The best surprise is when I turned on the light the smokey shade blew me away!
 


3 comments:

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Ahhh! So glad you posted more on this bathroom! Linking to it right away! It's my pleasure to feature your work! I'm your newest stalker. :)

Shannon Quimby said...

Back atcha!

Kanchan said...

Thank you so much provide your great and informative blog.I love it.Thanks for giving a very nice information and good ideas.I am so happy after see this blog.Very informative and writing skills.I love it.Thanks a lot for sharing that.Thanks..

Post a Comment